Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Missing Sonja

I just concluded the most wonderful visit with my friend, Sonja, who lives in Oldenburg, Germany. We met almost 10 years ago when Sonja was in Maryland through an agricultural exchange program. Sonja and her parents came to Maryland the first week of July. Sonja's parents left the 4th of July for a fabulous U.S. tour which they are still enjoying as I write.

Sonja, her family and I have managed to keep in contact pretty well via email and in-person visits. I love my trips to Germany, where Sonja graciously navigates and translates. I get totally spoiled when Sonja comes to visit me in Maryland, as she is such good company and a tremendous help around the farm.

Sonja is an accomplished and dedicated equestrienne, in spite of only riding once a week, now that she is out of school and working full time. She loves Baronessa (who doesn't??) and took her for a gallop in the track I mowed into one of the unfenced fields. (Yes, there really is a track in between all that tall grass!!)

My Dad always says to me that he misses he even more after a visit then before he had seen me, even if it had been a long time since we were together in person. I know exactly what he means! I can't wait to see you again, Sonja! Don't worry! I will have the chocolate chip cookies, corn bread and peanut butter ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment