Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Flyball!

My other hobby, much newer than the dressage pursuits, is Flyball! I needed to find some healthy outlet for my retrieving-obsessed AussieX, named Abbey. My "old" friend, Debbie, (she is always saying she is my *oldest* friend--plus, we've been friends a long time) and I decided to enroll our dogs this past Winter in a beginner Flyball class.


Debbie's Curly Coated Retriever, Patty, is lively and obedient. Abbey is also lively, but perhaps not as obedient. Major understatement, there, We are all having a great time in this new sport and I hope to get some pictures soon of the girls in action.


In the meantime, here is a picture of Abbey. My mom calls her "DearAbbey" as she loves to cuddle.





Speaking of Mom, she is the most talented artist! She painted this portrait (below) of Abbey on my grandmother's china plate from the picture above.





No comments:

Post a Comment